AMIB Residential Program
The Residential Program at AMIB gives residents a variety of activities that enable them to gain important skills.
Our staff ensures that the residents receive the optimal specialized care. Their responsibilities include:
- eaching and supporting skill acquisition in daily living, choice making, independence, and community integration.
- Coordinating and following up on all medical care.
- Training in daily living skills, such as personal hygiene, grooming, menu planning, and meal preparation.
- Directing involvement in community: banking, shopping, attending worship services, participating in a variety of clubs (YMCA, ceramic, cooking), etc.
- Providing assessments on all individuals regarding level of independence in skills such as money management and self-medication.
- Coordinating opportunities for recreation/socialization activities within the community as well as with other residential programs.
- Organizing transportation to and from day programs, competitive employment sites, medical/dental appointments, recreational activities in the community, etc.
- Encouraging family interaction in all modes: visiting, letter writing, telephoning.
- Access to assistive living devices by providing and promoting independence.
- Improving orientation and mobility skills due to vision and/or multiple impairments.
- Evaluating AMIB programs through the Quality Assurance Team to ensure that the finest services are being provided.
Community Based Residences
“No man is an island …”
— John Donne, English poet and preacher