Dreams Do Become Reality
We have seen it time and time again. To help families, we opened our homes of hope for those unfairly considered burdens because of their perceived inability to contribute to society. Together, we recognize that all human beings, regardless of physical or mental abilities, are equally important and deserving. We are grateful to have the honor and privilege of assisting our residents and their families achieve their dreams.
When you learn about the Association for the Multiple Impaired Blind, Inc. (AMIB), we hope you will see our dedication to AMIB’s goal: to always make things better for each of our residents.
History of AMIB
- 1968 — Founded by a small group of parents of young adults with developmental disabilities, their supportive friends, and caring professionals
- 1970 — Designated as a not-for-profit corporation by the State of New Jersey
- 1975 — AMIB opened the first community residence on January 6 in Barnegat, New Jersey
- 2008 — January, AMIB opens its 6th Group Home and first in Monmouth County Howell, NJ
- 2008 — AMIB’s first individualized day services created by Executive Director, Aaron Soto is funded with four individuals who moved into the Howell home
- 2010 — October, AMIB opens its 7th and 8th Group Homes in Borough of Pine Beach
- 2012-2013 — Winter, AMIB opens it 9th and 10th Group Homes in Freehold Township and Wall Township
- 2015 — Opened 11th and12th Group Homes in Freehold North and Tinton Falls South
- 2018 — Opened 13th and 14th Group Homes in Howell West and Shrewsbury
AMIB Board of Trustees
The AMIB Board of Trustees are family members, advocates and professionals who volunteer their time, networks and expertise to further the mission of the Association. If you are interested in becoming a board member please contact our Executive Director to share how you can contribute.